Thursday, March 01, 2007

American Idle

Bret likes to blog about music, so I have to wonder if he watches the most popular show on TV, American Idol, but I fear it's too fluff for him. I have a shocking confession, I watch a lot of TV. I'm not kidding, a lot. Yep, I'm an American idle. They ought to give me a Neilsen box. On Tuesday and Wednesday alone, I watched 4 hours of American Idol. I'm hooked. I get sucked in every season, pointing and laughing at the tone deaf hopefuls looking for their big break, all stealing the same line from Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman, "I got nowhere else to go!" But I've never voted. That's where I draw the line. Right now, I'm quietly rooting for this guy:


How about you - are you idle for Idol?

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurinda93023 said...

I don't watch T.V. much, anymore, so I can't say I'm versed on The whole American Idol thing. I agree with you, as a singer songwriter, that this guy would be a good pick. He's got soul and while he's there he'll get more confident in his stage presence. Tell Brett to cast his vote even if you are personally reluctant. LuLu.

3/01/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Bret Bradigan said...

As an inveterate watcher of Heroes, 24, Colbert, Stewart, Arrested Development, Studio 60, 30 Rock, Lost, My Name is Earl, South Park, not the mention the endless variations of Law & Order, I am in no position to get all snobbish about what other people watch.

Truth is, American Idol scares me to death. I can feel its magnetic pull every morning after an airing at the office with all the watercooler chat, which leaves me feeling bereft and tragically unhip. But I already waste so much time on tube boobery ...

If it wasn't for Tivo, which has revolutionized my viewing habits, it would be even worse, or is it that Tivo is the devil's instrument, sucking me in even further into the murk and muck of pop culture wasteland?

3/01/2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa Snider said...

Bret, I'm LMAO because I watch all of those shows, and I am still lamenting the loss of the Bluths. However, a painful oversight - you omitted: The Office, Scrubs and Knights of Prosperity! And if I had Tivo, I'm certain I would never leave the house.

LuLu: Yeah, you sorta want to close your eyes when he's on stage but I guess that's why I like him!

Idol update: the kid from Santa Maria was voted off. My guy, Chris Sligh, is still in it, though.

3/02/2007 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home