Monday, May 28, 2007

Buried Treasure at the Box Office

Memorial Day is supposed to be a day of reflection and rememberance, but in the movie business, it marks the start of the summer blockbuster season. Today I watched the third installment of the swashbuckling adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow: Pirates of the Carribean, At World's End. Following in the footsteps of the second Pirates, this one is just as dark and the characters equally grotesque. But Johnny Depp is a charmer and seeing Keith Richards in full pirate garb was well worth the 168 minutes I spent glue to my gummy theater seat in downtown Ventura this afternoon.

There are some exciting films in the summer line-up. I can't wait to see:

Shrek the Third
Ocean's 13
Under Dog

Live Free or Die Hard (I know, Yippee Ki Yay)
Evan Almighty
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

And I might pop my head in for The Simpsons Movie.

But I will happily miss Hairspray and Transformers (which gets the coveted 7/4 release date).

What summer movies are you going to see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home