Monday, December 18, 2006

Free Subscription for Puzzle Solver

Michel Gondry is one of the most clever, inventive directors out there. "The Science of Sleep" is his writing and directorial debut in English, but he directed Charlie Kaufman's wonderful 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," and many films in France.

He is also known as a great music video director, having worked with The Chemical Brothers, Bjork and Massive Attack over the years.

Anyway, here's a youtube film of him solving a Rubik's Cube with his bare feet. A free one-year subscription to anyone who can tell me how he does it.



Here's the video "Protection" he did for Massive Attack. Massive Attack is a Bristol, England musical collective, more a DJ project than a traditional band. For example, they use lots of different singers and collaborate with all kinds of musicians. Very melodic, somewhat dark spacy progressive rock, also known as trip-hop. Been around for a couple of decades now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Clement said...

Truly amazing video. The rubics cube vid, knowing the secret, is interesting and somewhat funny. But using that knowledge, I'm baffled at how the music video was done. Was it one giant set? Or a series of smaller sets compiled with clever editing techniques? However it was done, he is an inspiration to the craft of videography.

12/20/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Bret Bradigan said...

Don't know. But you are dead on. Gondry is an inspiration.

12/20/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Laurinda93023 said...

My response is some where way back in time but since the video is still posted I suppose comments that are late are still welcome. This is one of my favorate songs ever. I first heard it in the Hackers movie. It complimented Angelina Jolie's character as she stood alone on a balcony. It took me two maybe three years to figure out the group who played it. I have to thank the bartender in the Hub for that. Until now I had never seen the music video and I agree with you and Rob that the filming is incredible. It puts a worldly perspective on an already interpretable song. Thank you for adding to my journey with this particular song.

3/31/2007 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home