Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cyber Loaf Special



As a lucky member of the one of the first 200,000 households in MTV's test market in the summer of 1981, I have long been a fan of music videos.

In my not always humble opinion, Sigur Ros does it better than any other group out there today. They have mastered the art form with gorgeous, dazzling imagery, strong narrative threads and haunting music. You forget that the songs are in Icelandic and you can't understand a word.

Check it out:

Imagine, the tiny island nation of 220,000 has given birth to great artists like Sigur Ros and Bjork. Must be something in the water.

Here's a translation for the lyrics:



Enjoy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I long for the 80's, when there were actually videos being played on MTV!

12/12/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Bret Bradigan said...

I know. I tell my kids, "Your dad is so old he can remember when they played videos on MTV." They don't believe me.

12/14/2006 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home