Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Urban Dictionary

Just discovered an intriguing site chock full of slang definitions which will no doubt impress your friends, alarm your co-workers or horrify your teenage kids. You can even add your own. Here are a few I picked out:

Today's Word of the Day: guap
Cash money, usually referring to $1000.
Here, I'll use it in a sentence: "Hook me up with some guap so I can pay my mortgage."

bracketology
The Art and Science of figuring out and filling out NCAA basketball tournament bracket during March Madness.
"This month, my husband, Bill, is consumed by all things involving the orange ball and becoming a master of bracketology."

cinemuck
the collection of goopy stuff on the movie theater floor
"I dropped a Junior Mint on the floor of the Ojai Playhouse, adding to the cinemuck that was already sticking to my shoes."

Bret, there are no less than 55 definitions for the word hipster.

Find more at Urban Dictionary.

Disclaimer: Like I said, it's slang, and it's also uncensored. Word.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bret Bradigan said...

Lisa, big score!

Yes, if being a recovering hipster wasn't obnoxious enough, now I now there are 55 definitions and/or layers of that obnoxiousness to parse out.

Urban Dictionary - coming soon to a bookmark near you!

3/21/2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Laurinda93023 said...

Lisa you always have the best stuff

3/31/2007 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home