Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mix and Party CDs

Mix tapes, or rather mix CDs or DVDs are great gifts. I received several this year, and predict, or at least hope, that this trend will continue.

When someone takes the time and trouble to burn you a CD, and even have the playlist etched on the cover, like Yoga Matt had done, you know they either have sincere regard for you, or are shamelessly sucking up. Either way, it's most appreciated. It is a very personal gift of time and attention.

Here's a video from one of my favorite songs, "Take Your Mama," by the dancehall sensations Scissor Sisters, from a mix recording I got:

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Haag said...

Bradigan-
Thanks for the kind words about my Christmas Mix Cd. I spent around a month working on it and every few days gave Lynn a new mix to listen while driving to the office. She would call me and tell me a song stinks or she would have a suggestion (sometimes I listened - sometimes not). I needed to retain my artistic integrity haaaaaa. I think with all of this ipod b.s the art of the old school mix tape (what's a tape dude?) / CD is being lost. How in the hell is someone going to REALLY listen to 10,000 songs? When I was a teenager I listened to the same tape over and over. I think if I had an ipod back then and had the ability to buy the entire catalog of Depeche Mode I would have overdosed on clove cigs and depression LOL.

P.S. If you spin my Xmas CD backwards you can hear some of my favorite Marilyn Manson tracks.

Take care, Yoga Matt

12/29/2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home