Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolution Revolution

I’m not big on resolutions. I don’t even think I’ve actually ever made one. It’s not out of fear of keeping one, I just don’t agree with the idea that we get to binge ourselves silly until 12/31 only to make ourselves start the violent purge on 1/1. I guess you could say I have resolved not to.

But I do believe in reflection and goal setting. Now is a good time to reflect on all the things we accomplished this year, and then decide what we want to tackle over the next 12 months.

Jason Womack of www.FitAndEffective.com talked to me recently on Radio Ojai about this timely topic. He offers some keen insight, including how a 3 x 5 card can help you set goals you will actually implement.

What’s your take on New Year’s Resolutions? If you have a resolution, please share it here. And how do you plan to ring in 2007? I’m always looking for a better way to celebrate the countdown, but that’s another story!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JasonWomack said...

Lisa,

I loved how you titled this post...it is a revolving, in and out, in and out of focusing on goals, expectations, and ideals.

I still maintain, the easist and most natural way to progress on the things we think we're on course to engage in is to review them regularly.

The key to this, however, is not to do this review in a "rote manner." When one reviews their 3X5 note card for example, really FEEL what it's going to feel like when that goal is achieved (or, more likely, surpassed!).

Thanks for sharing this interview,and your time discussing this timely topic.

12/30/2006 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home